my motives


my motives

·        to learn more of the situation - & that happened;

·        to show support to the Palestinians - & that happened

·        to keep a promise I made to myself. When I was 10/11/12, I used to watch the telly. I saw a lot of the crap that was going on in Alabama & Mississipi. I said to myself that, if I was an adult, I’d have marched with Dr King. That never happened, of course, & nor did I go to South Africa, but, with this trip, I had the time, money & opportunity to stick 2 fingers up to apartheid.

·        to give em summat: Palestinian songs sung by my choir Raised Voices; I’m in the process of sending these to a bunch of groups in the West Bank

·        to have an adventure. (I was never in physical danger, but the suburb that I stayed in was ritually tear-gassed on Friday afternoon while my group was out. The flat I stayed in had empty tear gas canisters in a kitchen drawer. And all about me were tales of tear gas & state murder.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 good things; three bad things & a bitter/sweet one.